Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Zealand pt. 2 and School

My trip to New Zealand is now done, and by far it was the best trip of my life. Very fun, with a lot of adventure, ups and downs to be sure, but looking back everything was worth it!
I tried to add pictures, but the blog isn't letting me... there are no icons to allow and other media to be added like there was before. I will try and figure it out.

When I returned, I was faced with the start of school again- a bummer for sure. But, to give you a gist of what school is like here, here are my classes and what is required:

Outdoor Ed: I meet for a lecture (~100ppl) for one hour, Monday from 1-2, and a tutorial (27 ppl), from 4-6 on Monday as well. There are two field trips, one to a ropes course for 3 days and one to a national park for 4. There are reflections for both, but less than a page. One test on all theory, about two thirds of the way through the semester. One larger paper as well, maybe 8-10 pages.

International Management: I meet on Tuesdays from 9-11am, but only for 10wks in the semester. Just lecture, and there is the option of writing two papers (4 and 8 pages I believe) and taking a test, or just the test. I picked just the test.

Consultation and Participation: I meet from 10-1, Mondays, and it is a discussion based lecture. There are two papers, one 6pgs, the other 8pgs, and a small participation grade because it is the focus of the class.

The papers usually require an average number of sources (somewhere between 3 and 8, depending on length).

So, I only have class til Tuesday, and there are only a few things due in the semester- but, just so you know, each class does assign readings that you really have to keep up with.

No comments: