Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Preflight Prep

To begin, I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Shea Stevenson, I am 22, I am an operations management major with certificates in IS and leadership, in a few organizations such as Delta Sigma Phi, a social fraternity; Circle K, the college level Kiwanis club; Phi Beta Lambda, a leadership organization; APICS, the organization for my major; and I try to keep up tabs on a few others such as Student Senate, UWEC Housing (which I was active in until I moved out of the dorms), and the PSA (Progressive Student Association). So, as you can see, along with always pulling down one or two part time jobs, I keep myself busy. Doing well scholastically is important to me- I won't post the actual figure but I have a high GPA- and I also manage to have my own fair share of fun, through various activities (most of which I won't talk about here). Either way, that was me back at Eau Claire- we will see how things change in Lismore.

Well, it is coming up on the big day- February 10th. That is the day I fly from Minneapolis 3 1/2 hrs to LA, wait around for 9hrs, then fly almost 11hrs to Nadi, Fiji for a few days of 80+ degree weather and sandy beaches! But, before I can go, first I have to pack. I have bought all the gear, set aside all the clothes, and began trying to find a way to fit it all into two suitcases and a hiking backpack- which I am using as my carry-on. Its interesting to say the least. But, when I figure out what exactly I am bringing, I will make a list to put up here! I am anxious- mostly for flying, though. I have sinus problems, and the last and only time I ever flew my ears popped so bad I could barely hear for three days. But, this time I am prepared with lots of gum, special earplugs, sinus meds and my ID showing I am 22- legal enough for some whiskey to help the pain if need be. Hopefully I won't need it, though!

No comments: